Friday, November 7, 2014

Half bicycle, half motorcycle??

Lately I have been working on a project.  I have been working assembling a motor onto a bicycle.  You can buy motor kits online for anywhere between $80.00 to $150.00, depending on where you buy it from and if it's new or used.  I bought mine off of Ebay for $86.80.  It's an 80cc motor kit, they come with all the parts needed to turn your bicycle into a DIY motorcycle.  I have my motor on a old Denault three speed bicycle and it wasn't a good turn out.  It worked for about three days, and the spokes In the rear wheel started popping left and right, and also the frame width between chain stays wasn't wide enough.  The chain started ratting away at the frame and made the entire bike unsafe to ride...  I set the bike aside for now, but I am going to be buying a new bicycle tomorrow thatI know can handle the stress of having a motor attached to it.  I will also be having pictures and descriptions to go along with everything.

Keep on biking...

No comments:

Post a Comment